The COVID-19 Tenant Relief Act’s eviction moratorium ends September 30th for tenants who do not qualify for extended protections.
This webinar will cover:
(1) Application for Rental Assistance Required for Non-Payment Unlawful Detainer Actions
(2) Getting Ready to File Unlawful Detainers for Non-Payment of COVID-19 Rental Debt, including:
• 15-Day Notices
• 25% Payment Deadline
• Reviewing Tenant Files and Ledgers
(3) The COVID-19 Rental Housing Recovery Act
• New Notice Requirements for Rent and Other Payments Due 10/1/21-3/31/22
• CAA’s New Three-Day Notice Forms
(4) New Unlawful Detainer Procedures Started October 1, 2021
• Required Attachments & Verification
• Tenant Relief from Forfeiture
• New Judicial Council Forms
(5) Expiration of Expanded “Just Cause” Requirements for Properties Exempt from AB 1482
Heidi Palutke, Education, Policy and Compliance Counsel, California Apartment Association
Heidi Palutke holds principal responsibility for CAA’s compliance and education programs, including the development of statewide and local compliance forms and materials. She conducts research and analysis of state and local legislation to support CAA’s public affairs team. She also represents CAA before various regulatory agencies and departments and manages CAA’s various litigation projects.
Embert P. Madison, Jr, State Advocacy and Compliance Counsel, California Apartment Association
Embert P. Madison, Jr. analyzes and drafts state legislation impacting CAA, develops CAA’s education and compliance materials, and supplements CAA’s advocacy with legal input on legislative proposals. Embert has extensive experience drafting state legislation due to his time with the Office of Legislative Counsel and has years of private practice experience advocating on behalf of property owners in real estate transactions and land use projects. Embert has a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the University of California, Riverside, a Juris Doctorate from the University of California, Davis, and is a member of the California State Bar.
Cost: $20 Member or $129 Non-Member
Qualifies for 1 Unit CCRM Continuing Education Credit
WARNING This material has been reproduced and communicated to you by or on behalf of California Apartment Association in accordance with section 113P of the Copyright Act 1968 (“Act”). The material in this communication may be subject to copyright under the Act. Any further reproduction or communication of this material by you may be subject of copyright protection under the Act.
© 2021 California Apartment Association