It’s more than just a credit reportResident Screening
Today, screening applicants means more than running a retail credit report. For example, such a report won’t provide you with eviction filings and judgments. Spend a little extra and learn more about the person about to move into your rental property. Get a report package that provides data about eviction history and retail credit information. Additional services may include a search of NSF checks, or criminal history.
Our easy to use system requires no additional cost to CAA Members, incorporates the application and screening process in one simple step and you can get started in as little as 2 minutes!
CAA has partnered with RentSpree to provide you with a state-of-the-art tenant screening service. By using our resident screening you can:
- Combine the tenant application and credit screening process in the same process
- Confirm that you know who you are renting to with our Tenant Verification process that asks the prospective tenant specific questions about their background that only they will know
- Provides easy-to-read credit reports including;
- Credit History
- Tenant identity verification
- Eviction History
Make Resident Screening Simple
There is no site inspection required to get started and you can start screening your first tenants in as little as 2 minutes.Screening Service
In addition, the CAA and RentSpree solution increases your efficiency by helping you put together a completed application package for every tenant. You will receive the following for each applicant:
- Completed rental application
- Credit report and score
- Fifty state eviction history report
- Tenant identity verification
All of the information provided in the reports is extremely comprehensive and always comes from a secure source to ensure validity.
Tenant application process and credit screening combined!
On top of all the screening reports, you will also receive a completed rental application that each applicant fills out. The CAA/RentSpree solution automatically sets up a webpage for each vacancy where applicants can complete a rental application, which means you no longer need to send tenants a separate application to complete. Soon the CAA Tenant Application will be incorporated into the RentSpree platform and you will have the industry’s best rental application form fully incorporated into your screening process. This will enable you to easily track the order in which prospective tenants apply and provide you background screening all in one process. Making complying with the law and verifying your tenants credit, criminal and eviction history one simple process.
You only need to register once with RentSpree to start your application and screening processes. Once you have registered, to screen a new tenant, all you need is the applicant’s email address. Simply enter the email address and the applicant will automatically receive an email invitation to complete the application process.
Tenants will then be directed to an online rental application and guided through the screening process. The entire process takes each tenant about 15 minutes. Once the screening is complete, reports all are pulled instantaneously and you will receive access to the application package.
In addition, RentSpree provides you with a host of useful screening features:
- A special link to the application that you can share with applicants
- A custom flyer that you can use to screen tenants during showings
- The ability for applicants to upload supplemental documents (pay stubs and more)
To complete the screening process, applicants pays a $30 application fee online. This fee includes the application, credit, criminal, and eviction reports and can be paid using credit card, debit card, or prepaid card.
As part of your CAA member benefits, you will also receive access to premium screening features at no cost (a $120/year value). Just use the code “CAAPro1YR” on your RentSpree dashboard to access these features.
As part of the roll-out for this new screening service, we will be adding the following features over the next few months:
- CAA Members can choose to pay the application fee (at a reduced rate) instead of having applicants pay
- Control the different types of screening reports you will receive for applicants
- Set accept/reject criteria for all applicants
- Single sign-on to automatically log into RentSpree from the CAA website
- Purchase screening reports in bulk at a volume discount
Have More Questions?Request a Demo
Or give us a call:
California Apartment Association: 800-967-4222