It’s more than just a credit reportResident Screening RentSpree Training Resources
Today, screening applicants means more than running a retail credit report. For example, such a report won’t provide you with eviction filings and judgments. Spend a little extra and learn more about the person about to move into your rental property. Get a report package that provides data about eviction history and retail credit information. Additional services may include a search of NSF checks, or criminal history.
Our easy to use system requires no additional cost to CAA Members, incorporates the application and screening process in one simple step and you can get started in as little as 2 minutes!
CAA has partnered with RentSpree to provide you with a state-of-the-art tenant screening service. By using our resident screening you can:
- Confirm that you know who you are renting to with our Tenant Verification process that asks the prospective tenant specific questions about their background that only they will know
- Provides easy-to-read credit reports. Along with the Credit History report, you will have the option to also include the Eviction History and National Criminal Background check. You can choose one, two or all three reports.
Make Resident Screening Simple
There is no site inspection required to get started and you can start screening your first tenants in as little as 2 minutes.Screening Service
You can select which reports you would like to receive from the following:
- Credit report and score
- Tenant identity verification
- Fifty state eviction history report
- National Criminal Background check
All of the information provided in the reports is extremely comprehensive and always comes from a secure source to ensure validity.
You only need to register once with RentSpree to start your application and screening processes. Once you have registered, to screen a new tenant, all you need is the applicant’s email address. Simply enter the email address and the applicant will automatically receive an email invitation to complete the application process.
Tenants will then be directed to an online rental application and guided through the screening process. The entire process takes each tenant about 15 minutes. Once the screening is complete, reports all are pulled instantaneously and you will receive access to the application package.
In addition, RentSpree provides you with a host of useful screening features:
- A special link to the application that you can share with applicants
- A custom flyer that you can use to screen tenants during showings
- The ability for applicants to upload supplemental documents (pay stubs and more)
As part of your CAA member benefits, you will also receive access to premium screening features at no cost (a $120/year value). These features include ID verification of all applicants and the ability for you to request your applicant attach any additional information you require; i.e. bank statements, paycheck stubs, etc. Just use the code “CAAPro1YR” on your RentSpree dashboard to access these features.
As part of the roll-out for this new screening service, we will be adding the following features over the next few months:
- CAA Members can choose to pay the application fee (at a reduced rate) instead of having applicants pay
- Control the different types of screening reports you will receive for applicants
- Set accept/reject criteria for all applicants
- Single sign-on to automatically log into RentSpree from the CAA website
- Purchase screening reports in bulk at a volume discount
- Combine the tenant application and credit screening process in the same process
Have More Questions?Request a Demo
Or give us a call:
California Apartment Association: 800-967-4222