CAA has partnered with RentSpree to provide you with a state-of-the-art tenant screening service. By using our resident screening, you will:
- Confirm that you know who you are renting to with our Tenant Verification process that asks the prospective tenant specific questions about their background that only they will know.
- Get easy-to-read credit reports.
- Be able to start screening your first tenants in as little as 2 minutes, since there is no site inspection required.
Our easy to use system requires no additional cost to CAA Members, and you can get started in as little as 2 minutes!
NOTE: Under a court ruling that was issued by the California Supreme Court on Monday, August 20, 2018, in a case called Connor v. First Student, rental property owners, managers, and tenant screening companies must follow new requirements when unlawful detainer/eviction and/or criminal background reports are requested or used. Due to this ruling, RentSpree has suspended the purchase of Criminal Background Checks and Eviction History reports while procedures are under review for compliance with the requirements. CAA has revised its Application (CAA Form 3.0), and other screening-related forms, to comply with the new requirements that apply to rental property owners and managers. Rental property owners and managers, as well as screening companies, can face a minimum penalty of $10,000 per violation if they fail to comply with the requirements.
You only need to register once with RentSpree to start your screening processes. Once you have registered, to screen a new tenant, all you need is the applicant’s email address. Simply enter the email address and the applicant will automatically receive an email invitation to complete the credit report process.
Tenants will then be guided through the screening process. The entire process takes each tenant about 2 minutes. Once the screening is complete, the report is pulled instantaneously, and you will receive access to the report.
In addition, RentSpree provides you with a host of useful screening features:
- A special link to authorize screening reports that you can share with applicants
- A custom flyer that you can use to screen tenants during showings
- The ability for applicants to upload supplemental documents (pay stubs and more)
Have More Questions?