CCRM Certification Requirements
In order to achieve a CCRM certification, the following requirements must be met:
1. Complete all nine required courses within 1 year (12 months) of the date of the first course attended, below are the list of courses
PMR100: Preparing to Rent: Introduction to Ethical Property Management, Preparing the Property and Developing Key Policies and Procedures
PMR101: Renting the Property: Marketing-to-Move-In, Leasing Skills, and Security Deposits
PMR102: Beginning and Maintaining the Tenancy: Rental Agreements, Moving In, Changing Terms, Raising Rent, and Entering the Unit
PMR103: Renewal of Tenancy and End of the Tenancy: Termination of the tenancy, Three-Day Notices, Abandonment, Disposition of Security Deposit, and the Eviction Process
PMR104: Maintenance Management: Maintaining a Property
PMR105: Liability and Risk Management: Protecting the Investment
PMR106: Budget Development and Implementation
PMR107: Fair Housing: It’s the Law
PMR108: Professional Skills for Supervisors
Each of the nine live classes is approximately 3‐1/2 hours in length, consisting of both lecture and class participation activities. On-Demand classes are approximately 2 hrs. in length with a quiz at the end of each class. On Demand Training allows you to take training anytime and anywhere, meaning you can take control of your own learning at a time and place that suits you.
2. Successfully pass the CCRM exam with a score of (75% or better In-Class, 80% or better On-Demand) (within 1 year of the date of the first course attended). The final exam is closed book and includes multiple choice, matching and true/false questions. A “pass superior” score will be noted on the certificate of those who score 95% or better.
3. Have minimum one year of property management OR industry related experience.
4. Submit a fully completed CCRM Application for Certification, and pay the $75 application fee online.
4. Sign and adhere to the CAA CCRM Code of Ethics
5. Students interested in obtaining the CCRM professional certification have two years from the date of the first course to fulfill the necessary requirements.
Please feel free to contact CAA’s Education Department at (800) 967‐4222 ext. 3511 with any questions.
We look forward to certifying you as a California Certified Residential Manager.