Now that 2014 is here, it’s important that rental housing professionals are familiar with laws that could affect the way they do business.
In 2013, the California Legislature had 40 freshman lawmakers and a greater number of moderate Democrats – those friendly to business — including 20 in the Assembly and four in the Senate.
In 2013, the California Apartment Association reviewed 10,650 bills and took formal positions on 55 of them.
By the numbers
- 2,535: Bills introduced in 2013
- 4.2: Average amendments to each bill
- 10,650: Bills reviewed by CAA
- 121: Bills followed by CAA
- 55: Bills that prompted formal positions by CAA