Legal Q&A: What should I say about former tenant?
Question: I have been asked by another property manager if a former tenant of mine caused any problems and if I would rent to him again. I suspected that he was a drug dealer or at least a drug user, but I cannot prove it. What can I tell her?
Recent Legal Q&A posts:
- Legal Q&A: Can broken window be deducted from security deposit?
- Legal Q&A: How long can a tenant sue over security deposit dispute?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant hasn’t paid rent after getting 60-day notice
- Legal Q&A: Must I serve another 3-day notice?
- Legal Q&A: What should I say about former tenant?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant fixes motorcycle in living room
- Legal Q&A: Is the eviction process any different for a garage?
- Legal Q&A: If I sell rental, can I break lease so the new owner can move in?
- Legal Q&A: Does tenant have 72 hours to rescind lease?
- Legal Q&A: If tenant doesn’t move by end of notice, shall I call the sheriff?