Legal Q&A: Can unlawful detainer be expedited?


Question: I have an ongoing unlawful detainer against one of my tenants, but he is continuing to create a disturbance at the property. Is there any way that the unlawful detainer can be expedited?

Answer: Unfortunately, no. However, a restraining order may be available in extreme cases. If the tenant is engaging in a serious or criminal disturbance, call the police.

Question: One of my tenants vacated the property and left his roommate behind. Both signed the rental agreement, and now the tenant who vacated is demanding his share of the security deposit be returned to him. Is he right? What should I do?

This page contains members-only content!
Sign In To Viewor learn more about joining CAA

Recent Legal Q&A posts: