Legal Q&A: Tenant may have falsified application
Question: I have a suspicion that one of our tenants falsified his application by giving me a different name and Social Security number than his own. If I can prove this, what are my rights? I have a six-month lease, and he just moved in.
Recent Legal Q&A posts:
- Legal Q&A: Can tenant legally break lease for job change?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant may have falsified application
- Legal Q&A: Tenant ‘races’ car in parking area
- Legal Q&A: Tenant won’t pay rent until he gets 3-day notice
- Legal Q&A: Tenant wouldn’t accept 30-day notice
- Legal Q&A: Dog constantly barking, scaring residents
- Legal Q&A: Evicted tenant keeps returning, causing problems
- Legal Q&A: Can broken window be deducted from security deposit?
- Legal Q&A: How long can a tenant sue over security deposit dispute?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant hasn’t paid rent after getting 60-day notice