Legal Q&A: What if tenant won’t fix broken window?
Question: Under a 12-month lease on a single-family home, if a tenant breaks a window and does not repair it after a week or two, can we take the money out of the next rent payment?
Recent Legal Q&A posts:
- Legal Q&A: Landlords responsible for former tenants’ mail?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant threatens to paint unit, deduct cost from rent
- Legal Q&A: Outdoor beer-drinking prompts complaints
- Legal Q&A: Tenants say we’re ‘picking’ on them
- Legal Q&A: Must carpeting be replaced within a certain timeframe?
- Legal Q&A: Rental applicant is paid ‘under the table’
- Legal Q&A: Can tenant claim ‘buyer’s remorse’ to get out of lease?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant owing back rent will likely file bankruptcy
- Legal Q&A: I suspect next-door neighbor is dealing drugs
- Legal Q&A: Can I charge tenant for painting unit purple?