Legal Q&A: How long can a tenant sue over security deposit dispute?
Question: When you return a security deposit disposition to the vacating tenant, what is the statute of limitations if they do not agree with the deductions and wish to sue in small claims court?
Recent Legal Q&A posts:
- Legal Q&A: Can broken window be deducted from security deposit?
- Legal Q&A: How long can a tenant sue over security deposit dispute?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant hasn’t paid rent after getting 60-day notice
- Legal Q&A: Must I serve another 3-day notice?
- Legal Q&A: What should I say about former tenant?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant fixes motorcycle in living room
- Legal Q&A: Is the eviction process any different for a garage?
- Legal Q&A: If I sell rental, can I break lease so the new owner can move in?
- Legal Q&A: Does tenant have 72 hours to rescind lease?
- Legal Q&A: If tenant doesn’t move by end of notice, shall I call the sheriff?