Legal Q&A: How long can a tenant sue over security deposit dispute?
Question: When you return a security deposit disposition to the vacating tenant, what is the statute of limitations if they do not agree with the deductions and wish to sue in small claims court?
Recent Legal Q&A posts:
- Legal Q&A: Tenants say we’re ‘picking’ on them
- Legal Q&A: Must carpeting be replaced within a certain timeframe?
- Legal Q&A: Rental applicant is paid ‘under the table’
- Legal Q&A: Can tenant claim ‘buyer’s remorse’ to get out of lease?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant owing back rent will likely file bankruptcy
- Legal Q&A: I suspect next-door neighbor is dealing drugs
- Legal Q&A: Can I charge tenant for painting unit purple?
- Legal Q&A: What if tenant won’t fix broken window?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant won’t allow prospective buyer into unit
- Legal Q&A: Tenant died with three months left on lease