Legal Q&A: Tenant fixes motorcycle in living room
Question: My tenant fixes his motorcycle in the living room of his apartment. I have warned him that he did not have a right to use our apartment as an auto repair shop. He says as long as he leaves the apartment clean, he has the right to work on his motorcycle. What should I do?
Recent Legal Q&A posts:
- Legal Q&A: Tenant won’t allow prospective buyer into unit
- Legal Q&A: Tenant died with three months left on lease
- Legal Q&A: Does selling a property terminate existing leases?
- Legal Q&A: Can tenant legally break lease for job change?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant may have falsified application
- Legal Q&A: Tenant ‘races’ car in parking area
- Legal Q&A: Tenant won’t pay rent until he gets 3-day notice
- Legal Q&A: Tenant wouldn’t accept 30-day notice
- Legal Q&A: Dog constantly barking, scaring residents
- Legal Q&A: Evicted tenant keeps returning, causing problems