Legal Q&A: Evicted tenant keeps returning, causing problems
Question: My understanding is that unlawful-detainer actions remove the tenant from a specific rental unit. My contention is that the tenant is also not allowed anywhere on the premises of the common areas of the premises after an eviction. Frequently, the evicted tenant hangs around the premises and causes additional problems out of spite. What can be done, and what are my legal rights as owner?
Recent Legal Q&A posts:
- Legal Q&A: Can tenant legally break lease for job change?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant may have falsified application
- Legal Q&A: Tenant ‘races’ car in parking area
- Legal Q&A: Tenant won’t pay rent until he gets 3-day notice
- Legal Q&A: Tenant wouldn’t accept 30-day notice
- Legal Q&A: Dog constantly barking, scaring residents
- Legal Q&A: Evicted tenant keeps returning, causing problems
- Legal Q&A: Can broken window be deducted from security deposit?
- Legal Q&A: How long can a tenant sue over security deposit dispute?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant hasn’t paid rent after getting 60-day notice