Legal Q&A: Must I serve another 3-day notice?
Question: I served a three-day notice on my tenants, and they paid $300 of the $1,050 that was due. Do I have to serve another three-day notice to start the eviction? Should I have accepted payment?
Recent Legal Q&A posts:
- Legal Q&A: Can tenant legally break lease for job change?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant may have falsified application
- Legal Q&A: Tenant ‘races’ car in parking area
- Legal Q&A: Tenant won’t pay rent until he gets 3-day notice
- Legal Q&A: Tenant wouldn’t accept 30-day notice
- Legal Q&A: Dog constantly barking, scaring residents
- Legal Q&A: Evicted tenant keeps returning, causing problems
- Legal Q&A: Can broken window be deducted from security deposit?
- Legal Q&A: How long can a tenant sue over security deposit dispute?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant hasn’t paid rent after getting 60-day notice