Legal Q&A: Must I serve another 3-day notice?
Question: I served a three-day notice on my tenants, and they paid $300 of the $1,050 that was due. Do I have to serve another three-day notice to start the eviction? Should I have accepted payment?
Recent Legal Q&A posts:
- Legal Q&A: Tenants say we’re ‘picking’ on them
- Legal Q&A: Must carpeting be replaced within a certain timeframe?
- Legal Q&A: Rental applicant is paid ‘under the table’
- Legal Q&A: Can tenant claim ‘buyer’s remorse’ to get out of lease?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant owing back rent will likely file bankruptcy
- Legal Q&A: I suspect next-door neighbor is dealing drugs
- Legal Q&A: Can I charge tenant for painting unit purple?
- Legal Q&A: What if tenant won’t fix broken window?
- Legal Q&A: Tenant won’t allow prospective buyer into unit
- Legal Q&A: Tenant died with three months left on lease