Emergency rental assistance program launching in Sacramento
The Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency is offering emergency rental assistance for residents who have experienced a loss or reduction in wages due to COVID-19.
The Housing and Redevelopment agency is offering the assistance in partnership with the city and county of Sacramento.
Applications for the Sacramento Emergency Rental Assistance program will be accepted online Friday, Oct. 9, through Thursday, Oct. 29.
Applicants are eligible to receive up to $4,000 in rental assistance via payment made directly to the landlord. The total assistance amount available will depend on household need.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Rent housing in the city of Sacramento or an unincorporated area of the county.
- Have experienced a loss or reduction in wages due to COVID-19.
- Owe back rent or have an inability to remain current on rent.
- Have a current household income that does not exceed 50% of Area Median Income (AMI).
- Not live in public housing or receive ongoing rental assistance.
For more details on the program, visit www.shra.org/sera.