On June 28, 2021, Governor Gavin Newsom signed AB 832 which extended the current COVID-19 eviction protections, which were set to expire on June 30, 2021, for an additional three months until September 30, 2021.
This webinar will provide a brief overview of AB 832 including:
- New Informational Notice that must be served by July 31, 2021
- Updated 15-Day Notices for rental payments due September 1, 2020-September 30, 2021
- Deadline to pay 25% of rent extended to September 30, 2021
- Extension of “just cause” protections, prohibition on new fees and charges, and use of COVID-19 Rental Debt information in tenant screening
- Expanded State Rental Assistance Program to provide landlords with 100% of rent owed by qualifying residents.
- New rules for unlawful detainer actions filed between October 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022
Heidi Palutke, Education, Policy and Compliance Counsel, California Apartment Association
Heidi Palutke holds principal responsibility for CAA’s compliance and education programs, including the development of statewide and local compliance forms and materials. She conducts research and analysis of state and local legislation to support CAA’s public affairs team. She also represents CAA before various regulatory agencies and departments and manages CAA’s various litigation projects.
Embert P. Madison, Jr, State Advocacy and Compliance Counsel, California Apartment Association
Embert P. Madison, Jr. analyzes and drafts state legislation impacting CAA, develops CAA’s education and compliance materials, and supplements CAA’s advocacy with legal input on legislative proposals. Embert has extensive experience drafting state legislation due to his time with the Office of Legislative Counsel and has years of private practice experience advocating on behalf of property owners in real estate transactions and land use projects. Embert has a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the University of California, Riverside, a Juris Doctorate from the University of California, Davis, and is a member of the California State Bar.
Cost: Free Member or $50 Non-Member
Qualifies for 1 Unit CCRM Continuing Education Credit
WARNING This material has been reproduced and communicated to you by or on behalf of California Apartment Association in accordance with section 113P of the Copyright Act 1968 (“Act”). The material in this communication may be subject to copyright under the Act. Any further reproduction or communication of this material by you may be subject of copyright protection under the Act.
© 2021 California Apartment Association