California law allows landlord to change the terms of a month to month tenancy with proper notice. However, changing is not always as simple as just sending a notice. This webinar will cover the key information related changing the terms of the tenancy, such as:
- Whether the landlord can retroactively prohibit conduct that was once allowed
- How local ordinances can affect the landlord’s ability to change the terms
- How rent increases differ from other changes in terms
- How having a lease can affect the landlord’s ability to change the terms
- How to properly prepare and serve notice of changes in terms of tenancy
Servando R. Sandoval is a partner with the Pahl & McCay Law Firm. He has extensive experience in all facets of employment law and fair housing laws, including counseling clients as to day-to-day employment and housing issues, conducting investigations and defending claims before all Courts and in administrative hearings.
Jody Marshall is the Executive Director at Westwood Properties. Jody has been Executive Director of Westwood Properties in San Jose since 1987. Boasting more than 35 years of experience in the Rental Housing Industry.
Original Broadcast Date: March 2018
On-Demand Cost: $49 CAA Member/ $89 Non-Member
Estimated Course Length: 1 Hr.
Qualifies for 1 Unit of CCRM Continuing Education Credit for current CCRM Certified Individuals.