Sonoma and Marin County will collectively distribute over $48 million of emergency rental assistance in 2021 with payments going directly to landlords. These funds are available exclusively to Marin and Sonoma County housing providers. Learn more about the key differences between rental assistance programs, which may compensate landlords at varying amounts and impose distinct requirements.
This CAA webinar will help landlords in Sonoma and Marin County navigate a maze of requirements and answer critical questions:
• Are there programs that will fully pay off rent arrears or do I have to forgive a portion of rent?
• Can landlords apply directly?
• What are the eligibility requirements?
• Can a tenant/landlord participate in multiple rental assistance programs?
• Can a tenant on monthly federal assistance like Section 8 apply for emergency rental assistance?
This informative webinar will feature guest speakers from the Counties of Sonoma and Marin who serve as subject-matter experts:
- Rohish Lal, Legislative Policy and External Affairs Officer, Sonoma County
- Tina Rivera, Assistant Director for Department of Health Services, Sonoma County
- Eric Faulks, Co-Coordinator for the Rental Assistance Program, Marin County
CAA’s Senior Vice President of Public Affairs, Rhovy Lyn Antonio, and Public Affairs Manager, Keshav Kumar, will moderate the discussion. Registered participants will receive program fact sheets and copies of the presentation.
- This includes access to the On-Demand webinar only, available after the date of the event.
- $20 CAA Member/ $59 Non-Member.
Qualifies for 1 unit CCRM Continuing Education Credit
WARNING This material has been reproduced and communicated to you by or on behalf of California Apartment Association in accordance with section 113P of the Copyright Act 1968 (“Act”). The material in this communication may be subject to copyright under the Act. Any further reproduction or communication of this material by you may be subject of copyright protection under the Act.
© 2021 California Apartment Association