Fresno County and City will collectively distribute over $49 million of emergency rental assistance in 2021 with payments going directly to landlords. These funds are available exclusively to Fresno County and City housing providers. Learn more about the key differences between rental assistance programs, which may compensate landlords at varying amounts and impose distinct requirements.
This CAA webinar will help landlords in Fresno County navigate a maze of requirements and answer critical questions:
• Are there programs that will fully pay off rent arrears or do I have to forgive a portion of rent?
• Can landlords apply directly?
• What are the eligibility requirements?
• Can a tenant/landlord participate in multiple rental assistance programs?
• Can a tenant on monthly federal assistance like Section 8 apply for emergency rental assistance?
• Do I apply for the City of Fresno program or the County of Fresno program?
Steven Hrdlicka, Attorney, Steve Hrdlicka & Associates. Steven Hrdlicka is an attorney specializing in representing owners and managers of rental properties in Central California. He is also an owner of commercial and residential rental properties. Mr. Hrdlicka has successfully litigated thousands of unlawful detainer and collection lawsuits and regularly sits as a Judge Pro-Tem for the Fresno County Superior court. Mr. Hrdlicka is the education chair for CAA’s Greater Fresno division.
CAA’s Senior Vice President of Public Affairs, Greg Terzakis will moderate the discussion and provide a brief state and local legislative overview.
- $30 CAA Member/ $69 Non-Member.
Qualifies for 1 unit CCRM Continuing Education Credit
WARNING This material has been reproduced and communicated to you by or on behalf of California Apartment Association in accordance with section 113P of the Copyright Act 1968 (“Act”). The material in this communication may be subject to copyright under the Act. Any further reproduction or communication of this material by you may be subject of copyright protection under the Act.
© 2021 California Apartment Association