CAA Sacramento Valley 2019 Law and Legislation Breakfast
January 25 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
This annual breakfast explains new state laws and regulations, updates to CAA forms, changes to local ordinances and fees, and a forecast of pending legislation and issues affecting residential property management in 2019 and beyond. The topics include:
- a major change for 3-day notices,
- new mandatory balcony inspections,
- battery backup requirement for garage door openers,
- mandatory sexual harassment training,
- Prop 65 signage changes,
- new and updated CAA forms, and much more.
Take Away Points:
- Find out which new state laws take effect in 2019.
- Learn the changes in local ordinances and fees for 2019.
- Get details of changes to CAA forms.
- Gain an understanding of key issues and changing political environment at the local and state level.
Debra Carlton, Senior Vice President – Public Affairs, California Apartment Association
Debra Carlton is the chief lobbyist for CAA at the State Capitol. As the longstanding and highly respected advocate for the association, she has drafted, amended and lobbied on thousands of bills affecting every aspect of residential property management.
Whitney Prout, Policy & Compliance Counsel, California Apartment Association
Whitney Prout is one of three attorneys on the CAA staff. Her work includes researching state laws and local ordinances as well as educating rental owners and managers on compliance. Whitney earned her law degree from McGeorge School of Law.
Mallori Spilker, Vice President – Public Affairs, California Apartment Association
Mallori Spilker joined the CAA Sacramento Valley staff in 2018. In her previous position with CAA, she service as a Vice President – Public Affairs in the North Bay region and led a successful campaign to defeat rent control in Santa Rosa.
Jim Lofgren, Senior Vice President – California Apartment Association
Jim Lofgren served as Executive Director of the Rental Housing Association of Sacramento Valley (RHA) for 20 years. Following the merger of RHA and CAA in 2018, he became the Senior Vice President for the North Valley region of the state which includes the CAA Sacramento Valley division.
This event is held at The Officer’s Club within McClellan Park, which will be the site of the 2019 CAA education conference and trade show on October 30.
- 8:00 – 9:00 am — Check-in and networking (includes continental breakfast)
- 9:00 a.m. — Seminar begins
- 11:00 a.m. — Seminar ends (Q&A may extend to 11:30 am)