- This event has passed.
CAA Greater East Bay 16th Annual GEMM Awards – Danville
August 15 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Tonight, is your night.
In the rental housing industry, every day is different, but you can count on the GEMM awards to ensure a night of fun, glitz, glamour, savory food and delightful cocktails. You can catch up with your coworkers, meet new professionals and reminisce about the adventures you’ve had. Everyone has a story to tell.
Tell your story. The Greater Excellence in Management and Maintenance (GEMM) Awards recognizes outstanding professionals, companies, and properties in the rental housing industry. The GEMM Awards are esteemed accolades to recognize those who have demonstrated exemplary professionalism, leadership, expertise and success. Apply for an award or nominate an outstanding individual, community, or company for recognition.
This is your opportunity to nominate a peer, encourage a colleague to apply, or apply for such recognition. All applicants and nominees will be recognized and celebrated at the GEMM Awards. We highly encourage all companies to purchase a ticket for those who were nominated.
GEMM Awards Emcee: Pete Regules
Pete has worked for CORT Business Services, a company that helps businesses and individuals in transition, since 1983 and currently serves as Director of Multifamily Products and Services. He coauthored “The Apartment All Stars Complete Guide to Leasing Apartments” and served as contributing author of “Wall to Wall Multifamily Tips.” Of course, many of Pete’s friends and colleagues in the multifamily housing industry best know him as the “Doctor of Fun.”
2019 GEMM Award Categories:
Don’t limit yourself. Apply for an award. Nominate an outstanding professional, community, or company. Get Recognized. Tonight, is your night.
- Maintenance Service Member (1-150 Units)
- Maintenance Service Member (151-250 Units)
- Maintenance Service Member (251+ Units)
- Rental Community Manager (1-150 Units)
- Rental Community Manager (151-250 Units)
- Rental Community Manager (251+ Units)
- Assistant Community Manager
- Leasing Professionals
- Regional Manager
- Rising Star
- Rental Community of the Year (1-100 Units)
- Rental Community of the Year (101-250 Units)
- Rental Community of the Year (251+ Units)
- Industry Partner Company of the year’
- Property Management Company of the year
- Lifetime Achievement: This award is managed by the CAA Contra Costa Board of Directors. Please contact Brandy Peak at firstname.lastname@example.org for an award application.
Rules of Engagement:
- All proposals must be submitted using the online form, no exceptions. Think quality over quantity.
- Plan your submission in advance. We suggest that you first collect your thoughts for your proposal before going to the online form. Review the form at the end of this document to prepare your proposal. Once you have your ideas and all necessary information together, simply click on the button to begin.
- Use clear, error free language, persuasive outcomes-focused, and action-oriented descriptions.
- Used effectively, quotations (from social media or tenants) and statistics (from budgets or your marketing platform) can provide important evidence or clarity to explain your session idea.
- Application and nomination fee of $10 per entry is paid in full. Companies will be invoiced once all the nominations are submitted.
- CAA members with properties in Contra Costa county, Napa county and Alameda county are encouraged to nominate or apply for an award.
- Complete the award nomination form. Sample submission form is listed below. NOTE: All the questions are listed below in the sample submission form. Please do not submit a false nomination to review the questions – they are listed below.
- We highly recommend answering these questions in a word document, saving the document and copying the answers into SurveyMonkey.
- All applications will be stripped of all personal identification (names, property names, company names, etc.) by CAA before the judging process.
- A panel of independent, impartial judges will be selected to review the nominations and questionnaires. Voting is based only on the information provided.
Here’s why you should apply or nominate:
- Avoid FOMO (fear of missing out) – You’ll never know if you don’t try
- YOLO (you only live once) – This could be your year and your moment, so shoot for the moon and land in the stars
- Seriously, apply or nominate – You are doing amazing things. Strut your stuff and show the rental housing industry how you’ve made an impact! There is no reason not to.
- Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. Get out of your own way and honor how’ve you’ve created a home for so many people in the East Bay.
- Find your work mentor or advocate and brainstorm ways to curate and craft your best