- This event has passed.
CAA Greater East Bay 15th Annual GEMM Awards – San Ramon
August 16 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Tonight, is your night.
In the rental housing industry, every day is different, but you can count on the GEMM awards to ensure a night of fun, glitz, glamour, savory food and delightful cocktails. You can catch up with your coworkers, meet new professionals and reminisce about the adventures you’ve had in 2018. Everyone has a story to tell.
Tell your story. The Greater Excellence in Management and Maintenance (GEMM) Awards recognizes outstanding professionals, companies, and properties in the rental housing industry. Apply for an award or nominate an outstanding individual, community, or company for recognition. There is a $10 fee per entry and you must be a member to apply or nominate.
GEMM Awards Emcee: Pete Regules
Pete has worked for CORT Business Services, a company that helps businesses and individuals in transition, since 1983 and currently serves as Director of Multifamily Products and Services. He coauthored “The Apartment All Stars Complete Guide to Leasing Apartments” and served as contributing author of “Wall to Wall Multifamily Tips.” Of course, many of Pete’s friends and colleagues in the multifamily housing industry best know him as the “Doctor of Fun.”
The 2018 GEMM Nominations are now closed. Please contact Brandy Peak for questions or comments at email@example.com or 408-342-3517.
2018 GEMM Award Categories:
Apply for an award. Nominate an outstanding professional, community, or company. Get Recognized. Tonight, is your night.
- Assistant On-Site Community Manager
- Leasing Professional
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Porter/ Groundskeeper
- Service Technician(1-150 Units)
- Service Technician(151+ Units)
- Rental Community Manager (1-100 Units)
- Rental Community Manager (101-250 Units)
- Rental Community Manager (251+ Units)
- Regional/ Portfolio Manager
- Rising Star (New Category!)
- New or Renovated Community
- Rental Community of the Year (1-100 Units)
- Rental Community of the Year (101-250 Units)
- Rental Community of the Year (251+ Units)
- Industry Partner Company of the year
- Property Management Company of the year
- Lifetime Achievement
- Application and nomination fee of $10 per entry is paid in full
- Only members of CAA are eligible to nominate or apply for an award
- Complete the award nomination form, found here.
- Ensure all questions are answered.
- Contact information of the individual, community or company is required to complete the nomination process
- Individual nomination questions
- Why are you applying/nominating this person?
- Give an example of a time this person went above and beyond their job description to remedy a situation.
- How does this person ensure complete resident satisfaction?
- Give an example of a time where this person had to draw upon ethical practices and rental housing law to resolve a dispute.
- Give three examples of how they contribute to their community’s success?
- How does this person keep their team engaged and motivated?
- Community nomination questions
- How does this community demonstrate excellence and what sets it apart from the other communities and properties in the area.
- How does this community or property make a difference to the community, town, or city where it is located? Name any community, civic and/or charitable activities in which this community or property participated and how its involvement made a difference.
- Provide specific examples of how staff works together to balance achieving property goals of increased revenue, aesthetic appeal, expense control and completion of work orders while taking care of the everyday needs of your residents?
- Please share anything exceptional that you would like the judges to know about this community or property.
- Why should this community or property receive this award?
- Company nomination questions
- Give three examples of how the management company or industry partner differentiates itself in this competitive market.
- What is the company’s philosophy on customer service and resident retention? Please provide an example.
- What is the company’s philosophy on employee retention, recognition and promotion? Please provide an example.
- Name any community, civic and/or charitable activities in which the company participated and what the company did or provided that made a difference.
- Why should this company receive this award?
- Submit nominations for the GEMM Awards by June 29, 2018 at 5:00pm PST
- All applications will be stripped of all personal identification (names, property names, company names, etc.) by CAA before the judging process.
- A panel of independent, impartial judges will be selected to review the nominations and questionnaires. Voting is based only on the information provided.