- This event has passed.
CAA San Diego Breakfast Seminar: Understanding San Diego’s Source of Income Ordinance
June 27 @ 8:00 am - 10:30 am
Please join CAA Vice President, Whitney Benzian and the CAA San Diego Advisory Board of Directors for a new event.
Starting August 1, 2019, all rental property owners in the city of San Diego will be required to accept Section 8 housing vouchers. Join CAA on June 27th to learn about the new ordinance and the steps you need to take to be compliant with the law.
This Breakfast Seminar will provide an overview of the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program, and specifically San Diego’s Source of Income Ordinance, including:
- How the program is structured
- Special screening requirements for Section 8 applicants
- Responsibilities of landlords, tenants and the San Diego Housing Commission
- Procedure for increasing the rent
- Rules for terminating the tenancy
- 8:00am – Registration & Breakfast Buffet
- 8:30am – Welcome & Introduction
- 8:45am – Program
- 10:30am – Event Concludes
Speakers to be announced soon!